Downtown Lynchburg Historic Church Open House 2023
December 9 @ 10:00 am - 1:30 pm
Looking for something fun to do this holiday season in downtown Lynchburg? Join us on Saturday, December 9th from 10 AM to 1:30 PM for Interfaith Outreach Association’s Downtown Lynchburg Historic Church Open House!
This year’s even if free and open to the public with donations to Interfaith Outreach encouraged as a holiday gift.
The following is the concert schedule for the seven historic congregations that are open for a 20 minute holiday concert performance:
- 10:00 AM: Diamond Hill Baptist Church, 1415 Grace St. – DHBC Mass Choir in celebration of the Glory of God
- 10:30 AM: Jackson St. United Methodist Church, 901 Jackson St. – Soloist Ronnie Shoultz sings Christmas songs
- 11:00 AM: Holy Cross Catholic Church, 710 Clay St. – The Simbang Gabi Choir singing Filipino mass songs and Christmas carols
- 11:30 AM: St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 605 Clay St. – Organist and Choirmaster Sumner Jenkins presents music of Advent and Christmas on St. Paul’s Schantz organ
- 12:00 PM: Court Street Baptist Church, 517 Court St. – CSBC Senior Choir and Organist present Christmas music
- 12:30 PM: Court Street United Methodist Church, 621 Court St. – Organist Gary Lowe, Minister of Music and Violinist Yergeniy Dovgalyuk, Worship Leader Julia Pearl
- 1:00 PM: Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Lynchburg, 818 Court St. – Pianist Emily Chua playing light holiday jazz
All seven churches are within a five block area of Downtown Lynchburg. Look for more details on our Facebook and Instagram accounts.
Special guest will be Temple Agudath Sholom at Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Lynchburg